Blu, headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, is facilitating the shift away from foreign oil dependency toward much lower cost, cleaner, domestic natural gas. We are a leader in providing (LNG) liquefied natural gas and diesel vehicle fueling solutions.
Must be able to work Saturday and Sunday Midnight-noon.
The Network Operations Technician provides hardware & software support to include system configuration, testing, and training. The position is responsible for corrective and preventative maintenance of IT, mechanical, and hydraulic related hardware and software as well as fault identification and repair at the Lowest Replaceable Unit (LRU).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identification and repair of failures and malfunctions pertaining to technical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems and subsystems
• Installation and maintenance of end-user devices
• Equipment testing prior to deployment
• Monitor surveillance systems and ensure total system uptime
• Monitor cryogenic and traditional fuels monitoring systems
• Identifying network failures and working with the network administrator(s) to resolve issues
• Creation, tracking and resolution of assigned tickets
• Shipping of equipment to remote sites as needed
• Identification, replacement, and disposal of retired hardware
• Work with end-users to configure and troubleshoot hardware issues
• Work with vendors on warranty and/or maintenance contracts to ensure the most cost effective repairs possible
• Identification and distribution of IT packages received at corporate offices
• Provide training support to end users
• Position reports to the Assistant Manager of Network Operations
• Must be able to follow problems through to completion
• Strong organization skills
• Must be able to multi-task effectively
• Self-starter, ability to take initiative and achieves results under minimal direction
• Participate in on-call support
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Must be able to communicate technical issues to non-technical individuals
• Must be fluent in English
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds
• The position may require many continuous hours of working at a keyboard and looking at a monitor
Notes: The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. Compensation is based on experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer